Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Birthday pics1

I had an awesome bday-so thank u for all the emails! Some of my friends surprised me after my last class on Thursday(my bday) and showed up at my classroom with a cake and presents! It was so nice. They said that they wanted to do something special for me since I couldn't celebrate it with my family and friends from home. They are soo thoughtful!

I got some good presents like gloves, an incense burner, and a purse made out of real rabbit fur(?!?). And one of my students gave me the coolest present ever- my own personal sake server! You are not supposed to pour your own sake when you drink here- it's a custom to always pour for other people, and this sake server is on a little swing that you just tip and pour the sake out into your own glass(pic below). So basically this present makes it ok for me to drink by myself!

My birthday weekend celebration continued with a trip to Fukuoka to go clubbing with some other friends. I promise I will post those pics soon........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home