Sunday, October 23, 2005

Fishing in a manmade pond?

Today one of my students and her husband took me fishing and then sightseeing. We went to a small manmade pond next to a fish farm and rented fishing rods(which were just bamboo sticks with a line and hook). I don't know if I would classify it as 'real' fishing, but I caught 4 fish! Yay!

After fishing, you take your fish that you caught to a restaurant nearby where a little old Japanese woman cooks your fish for you. The restaurant was awesome- we sat outside on an old wooden deck with low Japanese tables and ate. Our trout was so good! We caught 8 fish total- so 1 was made into sashimi(raw sushi) , 3 were baked, and the last four we chose breaded and fried. Then we ate rice and miso soup with it. It was probably the best lunch I have ate in Japan so far! We were in a beautiful area in the countryside- surrounded by mountains, and the weather was absolutely gorgeous. Sunny with clear blue skies!

Afterwards, we visited the Akiyoshidai Plateau- which is an area with green hills covered with limestone rocks.

I had an awesome time- and it's experiences and days like these that really make me appreciate being in Japan. I'm off to do some karaoke!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home