Sunday, May 22, 2005

Karma?

So as you know in my last post, I said some unkind things about my little lunchbox car, and I got paid back for it .

As I was waiting to pull out of the 7-11 parking lot, a lady backed into the side of my car. It was totally her fault, I was stopped waiting to pull out into the street and she couldn't see me behind her in her big van, so she just backed right into the passenger side of my car. It didn't cause too much damage, just the rear panel got smashed in. The lady was really nice, she couldn't speak English of course , so that made things a little difficult. She kept saying "sumimasen"over and over, which means sorry. So she called the police, and they knew about 5 words of English, so that was a little interesting too. They just copied down my information from my $10 AAA international driver's license, and asked me a bunch of questions to which I answered, "wakarimasen" over and over, which means I don't understand. At this point I called my boss and he talked to the police and handled everything. So everything got smoothed out, and the lady got a ticket for the accident. So, my 5 minute trip to 7-11 yesterday, took about an hour and a half. Time is money you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home