Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Golden Week

Life here in Japan is good- I am in the middle of a week off from work. Golden Week is a national holiday which celebrates the Emperor's Birthday and Children's Day. Most businesses, except stores and restaurants, are closed. I have been keeping busy packing, reading, studying Japanese and enjoying the sunshine!

My boss bought a big house in Ajisu(near Ube) for me and Jamie and Joe(2 other teachers) to move into. It's a pretty sweet house- I will have 3 rooms to myself and my own bathroom and kitchen. The house is right next to the train station- which is really convenient. My boss has been pretty generous too- he put grass in the backyard (which is rare in Japan) and bought a couple of benches. He plans to do a bunch of other stuff too, to fix up the house for us. I have a regular Western Style toilet too- with a heated seat! Score! I will have the next couple of weeks to slowly move my stuff in. It kinda sucks that I have to move right after I get to Japan, but at least I'm moving into a nice house. That means that there will be more room for people to come and visit! (This means you)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home