Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thanksgiving

Didn`t really get to celebrate it this year, unfortunately. I had to work on Thursday and it just felt like a regular work day here, anyway. I was a little bummed that I couldn`t be home to celebrate it with my family (and eat Turkey and yams)- but I survived. I hope everyone had a great one though! I am not sad that I missed out on all the crowds on the biggest shopping day of the year though!

On Saturday I went over to one of my student`s houses and helped her decorate and put up her tree for Christmas. It was nice for me to get to do that- cause it makes it feel a little like Christmas here. Most people don`t really celebrate Christmas (seeing as how they`re Buddhist), but some people like to decorate for fun.

Then on Sunday I did some sightseeing and a little shopping in Hiroshima. Afterwards we ate Okonomiyaki for dinner.

It was nice to get out of Ube for the day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home