Friday, July 22, 2005

Internet is my friend

So haven't been doin much at home lately, besides talking to myself. I read a lot of books and rented a lot of movies. I don't have cable and 2 months without internet was pretty damn boring. But, finally I have it back! Woohoo! I feel like a crab that has just crawled out of its shell :)

So, finally I can post pictures too! These are some pics from a BBQ I went to like a month ago. We planted rice by hand (for fun, nowadays they have machines that do it and the rows of rice are much straighter) and then BBQ'd and played mud volleyball. It was so much fun and we got a souvenir bottle of sake ot take home with us! The rice paddy had about a foot of mud and water- so it was weird to stand in it- but it was a cool experience.

Rainy season has just ended here- so now it is very hot and humid! It's not sunny all the time though, like summers at home- it's overcast a lot and you rarely see clear blue sky. I will post more pictures tomorrow- I have one more class today and then I'm going to a beer garden to watch the fireworks here in Ube!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home